West Midlands Urban Community Homes Privacy Notice
West Midlands Urban Community Homes (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Notice sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
If you have any questions or concerns about this notice, please contact our Lead Officer, Abigail Ryan, via email at[email protected].
The use of all personal data by West Midlands Urban Community Homes (wMUCH) is governed by:
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- The UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
For the purposes of GDPR, wMUCH will be the data controller for all personal information we collect from you.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the wMUCH website (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you make an enquiry, apply for a grant, meet with one of our Directors, Staff, Contractors or Volunteers, attend an event, participate in a survey or carry out any other activity where you have contact with us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, organisation, and any other information you provide.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.We may receive information about you from third parties (including, for example, other organisations we are partnering with).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information you have consented to receive about wMUCH membership or services;
- to ask you whether you would like to receive other information about wMUCH services and events (e.g. join our mailing list). We will not send you this information if you have not opted-in;
- to request further information from you, for example for evaluation and research purposes, to improve the services that we offer. You are under no obligation to respond to such requests;
- to notify you about changes to our services.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Information we receive from other sources.We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on password protected computers and secure servers. We use Microsoft, Google and WordPress to store all of the data that we control. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to be informed about how we use or process your information. You also have the right to object to the use of your information, to request a copy of the information we hold about you in a portable format, to ask us to rectify any inaccurate information and to request erasure of your information. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Embedded content from other websites
Suggested text: If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.